Our mission is to foster and operate a volunteer live community theatre of high artistic merit.
|Board of Directors||Endowment Board|
Member Emeritus : Margot Ogden (1925 - 2015)
Spokane Civic Theatre is a nationally recognized non-profit theatre located in Spokane, Washington. Incorporated in 1947, our theatre is one of the oldest community theatres in the country.
From the outset, Spokane Civic Theatre has been active in a number of activities, both social and theatrical, and the tradition of public education has continued throughout our history.
Performances were first staged at the old Post Theater, then in the Riverside Playhouse from 1957 -1967. Our present facility opened in 1967 where we continue to perform productions today.
Our present facility houses two performance spaces: the Main Stage theatre and the Firth J. Chew Studio Theatre. The main auditorium is a proscenium theatre with a seating capacity of 336, while the Studio theatre is a small black box theatre seating approximately 85. The backstage area houses a scene shop, costume shop, storage for props, a fully furnished green room, offices, and dressing rooms.
Spokane Civic Theatre is one of only a few community theatres that owns its own building and land.
Spokane Civic Theatre has more than 1,000 volunteers who serve as actors, back stage crews, house managers,ushers, and board members. These volunteers contribute an estimated 55,000 hours every year.
Volunteers return to the Civic time and again to support the theatre's endeavors. In addition to volunteering their time, the Spokane Community has given incredible amounts in the form of donations that support us in our mission to provide and promote theatre excellence.